What is VITILIGO?
Vitiligo is a long term problem, which is related to human skin. In this medical condition, skin is not able to maintain the Skin Tone even and started to lose its color as a result white patches started to grow on the skin. It can affect people of any age and gender.
Why develop Vitiligo?
Vitiligo developed on our skin because of the pigmentation cells melanocytes is destroyed from some parts of the skin. It could happen genetically, although it is not proven. Many scientists researched on vitiligo but, no one can tell the actual reason behind the development of vitiligo.
No one can tell the exact cause of Vitiligo, but some factors help to contribute the causes of Vitiligo, which are:
- An autoimmune disorder, in which the immune system becomes overactive and melanocytes destroy.
- Researchers think that the melanocytes destroy themselves.
- It could happen because of any stressful event of life.
- A neural cause can also be the reason for Vitiligo.
- It could also happen when our body releases infected viruses.
- Exposure to certain chemicals can also be the cause of Vitiligo.
- It can also happen Due to critical sunburn.
- Vitiligo could happen genetically.
Note: It is not a contagious disease
What is the symptom of Vitiligo?
The main symptom of Vitiligo is white patches on the skin, but mainly these patches are developing on some special parts of skin like:
Types of Vitiligo:
Vitiligo has two types:
- Non-segmental vitiligo
Solutions for Vitiligo:
Each problem has a solution, in this medical condition many treatment options are available such as:
Complications in Vitiligo:
People who are facing this problem are also facing Social stress, Psychological stress, Hearing loss, Eye problem, etc. This creates mental pressure which can make their life a lot more complicated.
If you are also suffering from vitiligo do not worries, the Best Skin Specialist in Surat Dr. Siddharth Sakhiya is available near your place to help you fight and win over this beast. Our goal is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction so feel free to ask more.